Policies and Ground Rules
RESERVATIONS: Trekker requires full payment at the time of booking. Trekker reserves the right to cancel any reservation for failure to pay the balance 60 days before your arrival date, and all deposits or partial payments made are forfeited.
PRE-CHECK IN FORM: You will receive a pre check in form which will require you to confirm the name and info of the registered guest on the reservation along with vehicle information. You will also be required to provide a valid government issued ID for each guest in the party.
CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT TIMES: Check-in 3:00 pm | Check-out 10:00 am. The check-in and check-out times are crucial for the staff to perform housekeeping duties. Late checkouts will be charged an additional fee.
MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: Trekker is for sole use as a vacation rental. No more guests than the maximum occupancy of each unit shall occupy the property for the rental period.
GENERAL GUEST BEHAVIOR:
- Quiet time must be observed between 10 p.m. and 9 a.m.
- No person shall deface or remove signs, structures, or barriers.
- No person shall remove or injure any plants, trees, flowers, or rocks found on property.
- No person shall deposit garbage or refuse on property or structures.
- No person shall possess fireworks or sparklers.
- No person shall post signs or notices on property.
- No person shall intentionally expose themselves in a lewd manner.
- No person shall obstruct vehicular or pedestrian traffic.
- No person shall engage in fighting or violent, tumultuous, or threatening behavior; or engage in any other activity which violates the Penal Law.
- No person shall possess firearms.
- We are a smoke and vape free property absolutely no smoking or vaping inside any room or accommodation. If you must smoke or vape, please only do so at least 20 feet away from a building. A $350 cleaning fee will apply for any substance being smoked or vaped inside.
- No person under the age of 21 shall possess alcohol.
PETS / ANIMALS: Pets are welcome at specific rentals, not all rentals are pet friendly. Small pets only (Lap dogs) – under 25lbs – maximum 2 pets per room
Pet fees apply and are specific to each rental accommodation so please reach out for proper fee descriptions prior to booking. Please also confirm the rental you are seeking Is pet friendly as not all rentals are pet friendly. You must do so before finalizing a reservation or a full refund may not be issued as administrative fees are nonrefundable. If you are booking directly on our website, then restrictions and pet fees are automatically calculated for each accommodation selected so no confirmation is needed. If you see an option at checkout to add the pet fee the accommodation is pet friendly but please click more info for complete details. If there is no pet fee option at checkout, then the room you have selected is not pet friendly. Please do not sneak pets on property we will know, and we will act accordingly.
Nuisance pets that bark or have other aggressive behaviors are not allowed and will not be tolerated. Guests will be asked to make other arrangements elsewhere if it is found a pet cannot be controlled and will continue to disturb other guests.
Pets must be fully trained and appropriately restrained by guest.
Pets must comply with local legislation requirements.
Pets must be kept on a leash when on property unless it is in the guest’s room / accommodation.
Pets must not be left unattended. If a guest plans to leave a pet in an accommodation alone they must only do so with the pet in a locked crate. We do not provide crates the guest must plan and bring their own crate.
Pets are not allowed in any pool or hot tub area OR inside pools or hot tubs.
Guests are responsible for cleaning up after their pet on property and in the neighborhood.
Guests must alert staff of a dog if a staff member needs to enter the room.
Guests are responsible for all property damages and/or personal injuries resulting from their pet.
The Guest is responsible for remedying all animal damages and the cost of remediation, including but not limited to furniture damage, urine and other stains, wall damage, and flea remediation.
Guests agree to indemnify and hold harmless Trekker inc, its owners, employees, lease holders and its operator from all liability, injury and damage suffered because of the guest’s pet.
Trekker inc reserves the right to charge guest’s account commensurate to the cost of such damages.
We maintain a peaceful environment so if you have a pet who cannot adhere to any of the above mentioned please leave your dog at home.
RENTAL SPECIFIC RULES:
North Treehouse and South Tree House: Hammock net. Please no more than four guests on the net at a time. Adults must be always present while children under the age of 18 are on the net. No jumping or obnoxious behaviors. Rope bridge: Please no more than four guests on the rope bridge at a time. No jumping or obnoxious behaviors. Loft ladder: If you are elderly, unsure of ladders, or have any sort of mobility issue please refrain from using loft ladder as it is steep and requires.
Boat: No sleeping inside the boat. No climbing on the bow of the boat.
Airplane: No sleeping in the airplane. No climbing on the airplane
SEPTIC SYSTEM: We are on a septic system please do not flush anything other than the ones and twos along with the provided septic safe toilet paper. DO NOT flush any wipes or feminine products down the toilet. DO NOT pour grease down the drains please allow to properly cool and dispose of in the trash. Failure to follow this rule can result in damage to the system which can cause backups and expenses emergency services. If it is found abuse or failure to comply to this rule has occurred, the guest will be responsible for any charges related to remedy.
POOL HOT TUB: The Guest acknowledges and agrees that the area(s) surrounding pool(s) hot tubs are not fenced or secure. Guest understands and agrees to be responsible for damages to the pool, hot tub and their support equipment through Guest misuse or negligence. Misuse of the pool / hot tub by the spilling of foreign substances into the pool / hot tub, i.e., soap, shampoo, oils, glass, or metal, will result in a repair/cleaning fee at the sole discretion of Trekker. Use is at the Guest’s own risk. No lifeguards are onsite. An adult constantly supervises anyone under 18 years old. If any minor under 18 is in the pool or hot tub an adult must also be in the water with them. This is a state law and highly enforced. Unaccompanied minors will be removed from the pool or hot tub for their safety. Staff is not available to watch guest children at any time. Pool hours are typically 10 am to 8 pm, hot tub hours are 9 AM to 10 PM but hours may vary due to weather and maintenance. If in the event a storm is in the forecast the pool and hot tub will be shutdown without notice and all guests in the pool hot tub area will be asked to leave.
NYS DOH POOL NOTICE
The swimming facilities at Trekker are not supervised by a lifeguard or other responsible person. In place of on-site supervision, this facility has established a series of safeguards to be followed by all guests. We are required to notify you of these rules to ensure that swimming area is maintained in a sanitary manner. In the interest of your safety and the safety of all guests, we required you to follow these rules. Please read the safety rules carefully. If you need additional information or have any questions, we will be happy to assist you.
- NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY! Swim at your own risk.
- Never Swim Alone. Two or more adults (18 years or older) must be present at the pool when pool is in use, with at least one adult on the pool deck.
- Children less than 16 years must at all times be accompanied by a parent or guardian or similar adult responsible for their safety and behavior while at the pool.
- No Diving, Running, Shoving or Pushing.
- No glasses in or by the pool.
- Do not drink alcohol and swim.
- No food in the pool.
- Pool is open from 10am to 8pm. Only swim in the water during the hours of operation.
- Only registered guests of Trekker at 3109 Lake Shore Dr may utilize swimming facility.
- In an emergency, dial 911 and notify Trekker Management (Five One Eight Six Six Eight Five Five Six Zero). A phone is next to the office.
- Injuries can be prevented, and safety is everyone’s responsibility. If you notice any problems with the water quality or the absence of safety equipment, please notify us immediately.
WOOD BURNING HOT TUB: If your rental is equipped with a wood burning hot tub you acknowledge you have read all and understand the following operational instructions. If you have any questions or need assistance operating, please reach out to a staff member prior to using. Failure to do so can result in injury, death, fire, or expensive repairs to be charged to the guest. No guest under the age of 18 is to operate the wood burning tub. If anyone under the age of 18 is in the tub an adult over the age of 18 must also be in the tub.
- Remove the hot tub cover and gently place to the side of the firewood shed.
- Use the provided hose to fill the hot tub to about 80 percent full or completely covering the steel firebox. DO NOT start a fire until the water level is proper. Failure to do so will result in a cracked firebox, melted liner, or worse a forest fire that not even Smokey the Bear will be able to save you from.
- Once the water level is correct (this may take up to 30 minutes) open the firebox and place some newspaper and small pieces of kindling inside. Start your fire.
- Always monitor water level. As you enter and exit the hot tub the water level may drop. Always maintain proper water levels to prevent issue.
- Once you have an adequate SMALL fire slowly add full sized logs and check periodically adding more as needed
- Remove the inner firebox lid during operation. Leave the outer lid on to maintain smoke and oxygen levels.
- Do not overstuff the firebox limit your wood to two or three pieces at any point.
- The hotter the fire and the longer it burns the warmer the water will get. If at any point it feels too hot, you may cool down the fire with a small cup of water and add more cold water. You may need to scoop out some water before adding fresh water.
- You will also need to stir the tubs water with the provided paddle to circulate the water to maintain consistent temperatures.
- The water may take up to four to six hours to heat up to your desired temperature.
- This is a wood burning hot tub outside in the woods. There is potential for ash or debris in the tub.
- DO NOT use soap or lotions in the tub.
- When you are done enjoying pour a small amount of water on the fire to help extinguish.
- Do not fill the fire box with water. Only pour what is needed.
- DO NOT leave a fire unattended.
- Fire extinguisher is mounted on the fence near the front door of the earth home.
- DO NOT DRAIN THE TUB WHEN A FIRE IS LIT, SMOLDERING OR THE FIREBOX IS STILL WARM. Please reach out to staff for assistance if needed to refresh the water otherwise do not drain when done using if the above is applicable.
WOOD BURNING FIREPLACE: If your rental is equipped with a wood burning fireplace you acknowledge you have read all and understand the following operational instructions. If you have any questions or need assistance operating, please reach out to a staff member prior to using. Failure to do so can result in injury, death, fire, or expensive repairs to be charged to the guest. No guest under the age of 18 is to operate the fireplace.
- Use only store-bought dried hardwood No green wood, pressure treated, exterior wood or garbage in the firebox.
- Open the damper (if applicable) to allow oxygen into the firebox.
- Set some small pieces of kindling and newspaper in the firebox and start a small fire to heat up or prime the box and flu.
- Let this burn for about 10 minutes then slowly adding larger logs to the fire box.
- Never overstuff the firebox or let it get to hot.
- When you are done enjoying the fire let the coals fully cool down before emptying into the metal ash can provided. It can take up to 24 hours for ash to fully cool. Do not leave fire box door open.
- In case of emergency there is a fire extinguisher mounted on the exterior of building. Please call 911 in the event of a fire or emergency. Please also notify us at Five One Eight Six Six Eight Five Five Six Zero
AIR CONDITIONING: Doors and windows shall be closed when air conditioning is in operation. Rooms that are not in use will have air condition units turned off by staff.
STAFF: The Guest will treat all staff members with respect during the Guest’s stay. Trekker has a zero-tolerance policy concerning physical, verbal, or sexual assault or abuse of staff members. Job duties of staff are at the sole direction of Trekker, not the Guest. The team will have proper access to Trekker property any time during the Guest stay.
TRAVEL INSURANCE: Trekker recommends purchasing travel insurance to protect your vacation investment. If our booking system did not offer you the option to purchase travel insurance or “Cancel For Any Reason” coverage or coverage because you are traveling within 30 days.
CANCELATION / REFUND POLICY: 50% refund up until 30 days before arrival if paid in full. If you deposited 50% of your rental fee, it is non-refundable, and the balance due is void. No refunds are issued within 30 days of arrival. Any processing or administrative fees are non-refundable. These fees are typically 15 to 25 percent of the full reservation.
POSTPONE TRAVEL: If you need to postpone your travel dates, the request must be made 60 days before your arrival. Please email us to arrange new travel dates. Postponing your travel dates requires payment in full and is subject to availability, rate increases, and travel within the next 12 months. Postponing your travel eliminates the option of a refund. There are no refunds for early departures, delayed arrivals, or reduced number of nights reserved for any reason. No show rentals are forfeited in full.
NONESSENTIAL TRAVEL: Vacations are considered nonessential travel, and therefore have been subject to restrictions, recommendations and advisories from numerous private and governmental departments and agencies for years for many reasons. Examples of such agencies include the United Nations, United States Department of State, CDC, Global Health Advisory, WHO, and National Weather Service.
COVID-19: After the declaration of multiple COVID-19 variants as a global pandemic by the World Health Organization, COVID-19 and its consequences are no longer unforeseen or unexpected but rather a known risk with travel and no longer an option for cancelation of a rental. At no time may a guest who test positive for COVID-19 quarantine at a Trekker property. Any COVID-19 testing required for travel is at the sole expense of the guest.
UNFORESEEN OCCURRENCES: Trekker is not liable for events beyond our control. Transportation disruptions, transportation cancellations, travel advisories, travel restrictions and travel recommendations about natural disasters, terrorist activity, and civil/political unrest, epidemic disease or illness, health advisories, quarantines, evacuation orders, border closures, government mandates, safety and security threat advisories, essential utility outages, unexpected serious illness or injury to a traveler, lost, stolen or changes to visa or passport requirements that make it impossible to travel to the destination are examples but not limited to events beyond our control. Trekker will not assume liability for any loss, damage, or inconvenience caused by but not limited to weather conditions, natural disasters, pests, construction, public/private events, acts of God, wildfire/smoke, road closures, interruption of services, and utilities or other reasons beyond its control.
CATASTROPHIC EVENTS & EMERGENCY EVACUATIONS: If a catastrophe (hurricane, tornado, earthquake, flood, fire, or wildfire, etc.) or any situation simply beyond our control impairs the vacation rental, Trekker is not responsible for finding alternate lodging for the renter or the renter’s financial losses related to transportation or alternate lodging. There will be NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS FOR EMERGENCY EVACUATIONS. Purchase travel insurance to secure your vacation investment and eliminate your financial risk.
EVENTS / PARTIES: Trekker may be used for weddings, receptions, parties, or other large gatherings that include outside guests. We offer event services under a separate contract by request. All intended gatherings must be disclosed prior to booking as rates may differ and not all rentals can accommodate events.
FILMING / PHOTOSHOOTS: Filming any still or motion pictures in any format that requires more than two persons, or any specialized gear, apparatus, or crew is strictly prohibited. Castings, interviews, or photoshoots are not allowed at a Trekker property. We offer filming/photoshoot services under a separate contract. Guests agree not to use the premises for any commercial activities or purpose that violates any criminal law or governmental regulation.
ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES: No illegal substances are allowed on the premises, including minors possessing alcoholic beverages without limitation.
SYSTEM(S) FAILURES: In the event Trekker sustains a failure of a system, including but not limited to a/c units, water, sewer, septic, electrical, gas, plumbing, mechanical, appliances, heat pump, ventilating, pool, hot tub or other system or structural systems, Trekker shall not be liable to Guest for any damages associated with such system failures. Trekker will promptly repair or replace the failed system or equipment. In such an event, the Guest agrees to permit Manager or its service provider to have reasonable access to the property to inspect and make such repairs. Any failure does not serve as a termination of this Agreement, and no refunds will be given for such system failures.
MAINTENANCE & REPORTING: Guest shall properly use, operate, and safeguard Trekker, including any landscaping, furniture, furnishings, appliances, and all mechanical, electrical, gas, and plumbing fixtures. Guest agrees to keep the residential rental clean and sanitary. Guest shall immediately notify Trekker of any problem, malfunction, or damage. Guest will be liable and shall pay for all repairs or replacements caused by Guest, excluding ordinary wear and tear. Guest will be responsible and shall pay for all damage to the premises due to failure to report a problem, malfunction, or damage promptly.
ACCESS: Trekker inc , its employees, and contractors reserve the right to enter an accommodation at any time if an emergency or possible system failure exists. The above mentioned will attempt to give notice prior to entering however lack of contact will not prevent from entering an accommodation.
TV / CABLE / INTERNET / SATELLITE: Any internet, TV, and cable or satellite subscription services are provided as a convenience only and are not integral to this Agreement. Trekker will not be in breach for any, and the Guest will not receive a refund for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences concerning service. If you decide to access any Internet content during your stay, you do this entirely at your own risk. You are responsible for ensuring that any accessed material does not infringe the laws governing, but not exhaustively covering, copyright, trademarks, pornography, or any other material which is slanderous, defamatory, or might offend in any other way. In the event the internet service is inoperable, we will do our best to troubleshoot. No refunds will be given due to the loss of internet service.
TAMPERING: No guest shall tamper with networking equipment, security cameras, smoke detectors, or other electrical or safety equipment on property. Guests shall not install any wireless devices such as listening devices, cameras, or anything else. These are considered criminal acts and action will be taken with law enforcement.
INSURANCE: The Guest understands that Trekker inc and lease holder insurance policies do not cover your belongings in the event they are damaged for any reason. The Guest agrees that we are not responsible for any loss or damage during the Rental Agreement term. The Guest agrees to carry insurance covering all your personal property located in the unit or full bear responsibility, including but not limited to damage from fire, water, theft, or any cause. Safes are NOT provided in any rooms.
LOST ITEMS OR LEFT ITEMS: The Guest is responsible for all shipping costs for any Lost and Found items that Trekker is requested to return to the Guest. Items found and not claimed within 30 days will be disposed of at the discretion of Trekker inc. If Trekker staff is unable to locate any lost items Trekker is not liable to replace them.
HANDICAP ACCESSIBILITY: Trekker is not ADA compliant and not handicap accessible. We do however have limited rentals with walk-in showers and minimal stairs.
TRANSIENT OCCUPANCY: Guest expressly acknowledges and agrees that this Agreement is for vacation / short-term rental/transient occupancy of the home and that Guest is prohibited from making the home a residence or household.
SALE / LEASE OF HOME: Trekker may notify the Guest to schedule and show property if the property is actively listed for sale or lease.
CHARGEBACKS: A chargeback of a valid credit card transaction from a Guest will result in a filed lawsuit for theft of services. Chargeback policies apply to bookings and products purchased on third-party platforms and our direct booking website.
BREACH OF TERMS: Breach of any provision above will result in immediate termination of the Rental Agreement, with the eviction of Guest from Trekker property and forfeiture of the entire Guest’s rental fee and security deposit.
HOLD HARMLESS: Guest agrees to hold harmless and to indemnify Trekker inc, its owners, employees, operators, and lease holders against all loss, damage, expense, and penalty on account of personal injury or property damage to the rental dwellers, the undersigned, or to any minor child or children in the charge of the undersigned, howsoever arising, whether by act or acts or failure to act of the employees, owners or animals of the said company or property owners or not.
ELECTRONIC CONSENT: All bookings using online third-party booking platforms and direct booking on the Trekker website the Guest agrees “I acknowledge, and I have read and accepted the Property Policies and Terms of Service contained above.” Guest is consenting to use an electronic signature instead of an original signature on paper by signing below or booking online both directly at our direct booking site Trekker, or a third-party booking platform. The Guest has the right to request to sign a paper.